The purpose of this policy is to;
- safeguard and protect the children and staff of St Scholastica’s Primary School.
- assist school staff working with children to work safely and responsibly with the Internet and other communication technologies and to monitor their own standards and practice.
- set clear expectations of behaviour and/or codes of practice relevant to responsible use of the Internet for educational, personal or recreational use.
- have clear structures to deal with online abuse such as cyberbullying which are cross referenced with other school policies.
- ensure that all members of the school community are aware that unlawful or unsafe behavior is unacceptable and that, where appropriate, disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
- minimize the risk of misplaced or malicious allegations made against adults who work with students.
Useful Guides For Parents on E-safety!
- Set daily limits. Be firm but consistent.
- Encourage them to socialize with friends in ‘real life’.
- Monitor what they are doing online.
- Insist on device-free times and zones.
- Stay up to date on the apps and new sites.
- Be a good technology role model.
- Talk as a family about keeping safe online regularly.
- Get familiar with the Parental Controls on sites.
- Keep up to date on the age restrictions.
- Balance screen time with non-screen time.
Internet Safety Sites
At St Scholastica’s Catholic Primary School we use Microsoft 365 teams, Class Dojo, Education city and Lexia to support learning at home.