St Scholastica's operates a soft start, the school gates on Rendelsham Road and Kenninghall Road are open from 8:30 am. Children are able to go straight to their class where staff will be ready to receive them. Teachers set a range of activities for the children to complete before the register is taken at 8:50 am.
In the new year, I will be asking the parents to reconfirm collection arrangements and I will be insisting the following requirements are put in place:
If someone different is collecting your child:
- Please inform the school office or the class teacher preferably in writing. We will not send a child home with someone else even if they are known to the staff member/school unless this has been communicated to the school office or class teacher first.
- When informing the class teacher or school office, parents should indicate if this is an on-going arrangement or a one-off situation. If the arrangement is likely to be frequent, the information will be added to CPOMS/SIMS so that all staff can be made aware of the arrangement.
- If staff are unsure about releasing a child to an individual, staff will bring the child and the person collecting them to the school office (once all the other children have been dismissed) for clarification of this before sending the child home. In order to avoid any difficult situations, please make sure the adult collecting your child is made aware of this important safeguarding procedure.
- If there are changes to collection arrangements, please contact the office by 2.45pm via telephone.
- In the case of a delay please contact the School Office where your child will remain until you arrive. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your child will have to attend the After School Club and you will be charged for the entire session.